Hospitals and health systems
Helping you achieve your investment goals
The market roller coaster of the past several years has brought market volatility and risk management to the forefront of our minds as investors. Russell has helped hospitals and healthcare system clients navigate challenges and meet goals since 1983. The comprehensive investment outsourcing solution we will design for you will be tailored to meet your health organization's specific goals and will include Russell's award winning advice, investment strategy and implementation.
Putting the puzzle pieces together efficiently and effectively
As a non-profit healthcare organization, you face the challenge of maintaining multiple asset pools while managing their impact on your organization’s financial health. It’s an intricate process of balancing the goals of each pool without negatively impacting your organization’s balance sheet or credit rating. Our investment outsourcing program can help. We manage more than $117.3 billion in outsourced investments for institutions around the world (as of 3/31/2015), with clients that include U.S. healthcare organizations ranging from small community hospitals to those that rank among the nation’s 50 largest non-profit healthcare systems.
It can pay to delegate
In our experience, healthcare systems have some of the most complex investment challenges. There’s a daunting amount to keep on top of just in the regulatory and accounting changes affecting the management of your pension, foundation, and long term pools in the last five years. Russell employs hundreds of investment professionals to keep abreast of these changes and incorporate them in state-of-the-art investment programs. We can act as an extension of your staff—not only advising, but implementing your investment program and helping you fulfill your fiduciary duties. We start by listening to understand the goals most important to your organization, and then customize a program designed to meet your needs.
A truly customized solution
We will tailor the level of outsourcing discretion to suit your needs, with program features that can include:
The Russell difference
When it comes to helping you achieve your goals, we believe in smart connections—that having all of the right capabilities under one roof creates opportunities that otherwise don't exist, and that are essential in helping clients achieve their goals. To that end, Russell provides our healthcare clients with an integrated, holistic solution that includes:
- Advice. We share 40 years of experience working with some of the world's most sophisticated investors to help you achieve successful, long-term outcomes. Our industry-leading manager research capabilities and capital markets insights are part and parcel of the advice we deliver.
- Investment management. We will seek out the best investment strategies for you, whether they are internal to Russell or exist elsewhere and combine them into a multi-asset portfolio designed to deliver the results you require.
- Implementation. You deserve industry-leading research and award-winning implementation services. Thought leadership and access to innovative, results-oriented strategies like tactical portfolio tilting, dynamic de-risking, strategic overlays, and more. You can delegate these operational details to Russell while you focus on oversight and the strategic decisions that matter most.
- Flexibility in levels of discretion. Every client is different: Different objectives, different organizational structures, different needs. With four decades of experience designing investment solutions for clients around the globe, we have expertise designing individualized programs that also leverage Russell's scale and buying power.
- Operational efficiency. Our solutions often include administrative features such as trust/custody, audit support, cash management, rebalancing, fiduciary and regulatory compliance, and many other aspects of daily account administration—another important way in which our experienced team can act as an extension of your staff.
When it comes to hospitals and healthcare systems, we know that there's more than money at stake. Patients, employees, and communities depend on the success of your efforts. That's why we're here to help, and why we work to deliver real, lasting value for our clients.
Please remember that all investments carry some level of risk, including the potential loss of principal invested. They do not typically grow at an even rate of return and may experience negative growth. As with any type of portfolio structuring, attempting to reduce risk and increase return could, at certain times, unintentionally reduce returns.